Monday 4 May 2009

Initial Ideas

After creating the mood boards I started to look into the range of sports displayed on the Sky Sports network in more depth, not just as an activity, but in the aspect of animation.

I decided the most acurate animation available in sport is the moving of a ball, which is use in more sports advertised. To do this I would have to use Reactor in 3D Max to achieve a realistic object motion.

I also decided to look at the existing idents of the Sky Sports channels which consisted primarily of bold, clear images presented well with a range of camera movements. To honour this I decided to include the use of cameras in each animation to create a sense of motion and movement throughout each scene.

The final aspect of the ident ideas was individuality. I didn't want my idents to be just a plain animation showing a movement related to sport. To provide a personal touch to the idents, each design is set up to be a sectioned area of each sport, which meant there was no need for a background on any of the idents, keeping the focus on the animation rather than its surroundings.

I feel that all three of these aspects combined (spherical animation, moving scene cameras and diagnosed section of area) combined with the display of the recognised Sky Sports logo in each ident, would make a successfull combination in creating idents which would work should they be developed into an advertising campaign in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment